We have found numerous sellers that want to sell on Facebook but haven’t had a good option to sell their digital products. We’re excited to open the option for digital sales on ShopTab.
The ability to sell soft goods/digital products requires ShopTab to work with www.payloadz.com, the leading digital goods download provider. They specialize in digital delivery and payment systems for sellers. Here are the reasons we like working with Payloadz:
- They provide a highly secure platform with multiple checkout options from Google, PayPal, Amazon and others.
- When you create a product on their platform, you can use the same code in ShopTab, for a blog, website or even a text link for use in email.
- You may sell your products in their marketplace – enhancing your reach to new prospects
- With their payment solutions and options, it is a perfect solution for sellers across the globe.
Why sell digital products in your Facebook Store?
- Social commerce buying is impulse and relationship influenced. Many digital goods (books, music, videos, software, ect) are perfect products for this environment.
- Facebook and social commerce is expected to drive 10 to 20% of all electronic buying in the next few years, you don’t want to miss this key channel
- Creating awareness for your products is critical with your most engaged fans who spend hours in Facebook
- You are afforded opportunities to create unique and exclusive offers for your Facebook fans
Step 1 – Create your Digital Product in Payloadz.com
Go to www.payloadz.com and create your account. You can create a free demo account, use their free Payloadz Express (https://express.payloadz.com/) option or sign-up for their $14.95 a month plus transaction fees subscription offering.
We created a demo account and started by creating a product under the “Selling” and “Create New Product” option. We completed the details as noted below.
We had numerous options for our checkout button. In this case, we selected Google’s checkout. This immediately generated HTML code for use in ShopTab.
We scrolled down to the HTML code, highlighted and right clicked to copy. We’re ready to create our product in ShopTab.
Step 2 – Create your Digital Product in ShopTab
We’re going to assume you’ve set up your ShopTab account and placed the app on your Facebook page and are ready to “stock the shelves.” If you haven’t done this, please go to the Set-up document and complete steps 1 and 2. Note: Don’t set up your checkout since we’ll do that with Payloadz.com.
Create your first product
Individual Product Uploads: Perfect for stores with a few products or when you just want to add a product or two to your existing store. Click on Add Product.
- Enter the Product name, price, category of product, subcategory (optional), condition (optional), and description.
- Skip the URL to Product
- We need an image for the product. Place the product image on a public photo sharing site, if one isn’t already available. Full details are here on how to create this link for your product image.
- Hit update and your product is listed and ready for sale in ShopTab.
NOW IT IS TIME TO PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCTS TO YOUR FANS ON THEIR DESKTOP AND MOBILE NEWS FEEDS! USE SHOPTAB’S UNIQUE “PROMOTE” BUTTON IN YOUR PRODUCT LISTINGS TO GET STARTED.