Loading a new product listing into ShopTab's Facebook Store is usually simple and quick to do. However, sometimes a client will receive an error message after they hit the submit button.
Below are potential issues that can cause an upload error:
- Loading from a mobile phone - many of these devices, including the iPhone, have issues with their data structure and can't reliably upload and image.
- Large image size - in excess of 5MB can take a long time to load and may time-out.
- Slow Internet connection - the system will time-out trying to load the image.
- The file type is NOT a .jpg, .png or .gif file type. Make sure that you file is one of those three types or use our option to for a URL reference.
- ShopTab's hosting site may be experiencing a heavy traffic load.
If the upload fails, we suggest the following steps:
- Go to an new machine and attempt to add a product. Typically this will let you know if it is your originally device or browser that may be impacting the upload. If this works you may have a browser or device issue.
- Wait a few minutes and try again from your existing device. If the Internet was slow or the hosting site was under heavy load this will typically be fixed within a few minutes.
If those two solutions don't work, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org with the image and the text you want for your listing. We'll see if we can't load it for you or isolate the issue.